I got this idea from Yurie Kumakura, a teacher and researcher of social entreprises. She came up with it when starting a course without knowing how familiar the content was to the participants.
- Motivate and Explain:
- Joker gives a presentation (could be a film, skit, reading...), while s/he presents, the participants take notes on a piece of paper keeping track of:
- Things they already knew.
- Things they did not already know.
- Things they want to know more about.
- At the end, share the lists and see what is unfamiliar, needs more exploration.