I adapted these slightly from activities in the book Intraemprendizaje by Iñazio Irizar (http://intraemprender.blogspot.com.es/).
Brainstorm on a given theme from six standpoints. For example:
Love, Hate, Need, Have, Fear, Hope
Useful, Useless, Safe, Dangerous, Easy, Difficult
or, using terms adapted from Edward de Bono (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Thinking_Hats)
- Goals -- the goals you have, which goals this relates to
- Information -- what you know about it
- Feelings -- how you feel about it
- Doubts -- reasons to be skeptical, questions
- Thumbs up! -- reasons to be enthusiastic
- Inspirations -- new ideas this gives you
The six categories can also be randomly chosen -- to provoke more free association.
The idea is to brainstorm in one category then move laterally to a different category, continuing through all six.
On the board, write the name of the product or idea or organization in question, or an image of same.
Make six "SCAMPER" columns:
Substitute, Combine, Adapt, Modify, Put to other uses, Eliminate, Rearrange.
Players brainstorm under one column for 3 minutes, then move laterally to the next column.