Daughters in Boxes -- 函入り娘 2
Based on the famous speech by the Meiji era Japanese feminist leader Kishida Toshiko, this activity asks participants to create a manga version of her speech, working in teams.
I have spelled out a nine step process, but it might make sense to do a much quicker, rougher version of this, to leave time for other discussions. Steps 1, 4, 5 are essential, I think.
Step one is to read the original essay (for Japanese readers, in Japanese), and do a reader response writing activity.
Step two is to form teams with a mix of self-identified skills/capacities:
- Tecnicas de Analisis General (general analytical techniques)
- Ejercicios de abstraccion (abstract thinking excercises)
- Tecnicas de Analisis Estructural (techniques for Structural Analysis)
- Tecnicas de Analisis Economico (techniques for economic analysis)
- Tecnicas de Analisis Politico (techniques for politcal analysis)
- Tecnicas de Analisis Ideologico (techniques for analyzing ideology)